Canada has consistently ranked as one of the best countries in the world. Canada is one of the safest and most affordable countries for international students. Canada is one of the top destinations for international students around the world. Canadian universities are ranked among the best in the world in terms of quality education and student satisfaction. The benefits of studying in Canada are endless. We want to help you to achieve your dream to study in Canada.
Every year, over 130, 000 international students come to Canada to study. To study in Canada, you would need a Canada study visa.
A Canada study Visa is a permit issued by the Canadian government that enables you to study in Canada as an international student. A Canada study visa can also be called a Canada study permit. This study permit would grant you the legal authorization to study at a Designated Learning Institution (DLI) in Canada.
This article would enlighten you on everything you need to know to obtain a Canadian study visa or study permit that will enable you to school in Canada.
Canada Study Visa requirements
To obtain a study visa, you will need to consider two sets of requirements; eligibility requirements and the requirements to study in Canada.
To be eligible for a Canada study visa, you must meet the following requirements;
- Must have obtained an acceptance letter from a Designated Learning Institution (DLI) to apply for a Canadian study permit.
- Should be able to present documentation proving that you have sufficient funds to cover your tuition for the first year of study, as well as other costs such as food, housing etc. These funds can be under your name or the name of a family or close friend.
- Must have no record of criminal activity
- Must present other supporting documentation required at the time of application.
Requirements to study in Canada
If your study permit has been approved and you made it to Canada to study, you must meet the following requirements below to maintain the validity of your study permit.
- You must always be enrolled at a Designated Learning Institution (DLI)
- Respect the terms and conditions listed on your study permit
- Make progress towards completing the program for which you obtain your study permit for.
Canada Study Visa Application Process
To obtain a Canadian study visa, follow the below steps;
Step One: Ensure that you have been accepted by a Canadian Designated Learning Institution. You would require an acceptance letter from a DLI to present as proof.
Step Two: Ensure that you meet other eligibility requirements such as having proof of financial support, as well as other supporting documents which vary depending on your country of residence.
Step Three: Ensure that you have obtained all required documentation for your study visa application. To boost your chances of approval by the Canadian immigration officers, employ the services of a qualified immigration representative to review your application before submission
Step Four: After you must have ensured that you have the complete documents required for your Canada study visa application, the next process is the submission of your application. Here, you have two options. You can either submit it online or through a paper-based application.
- How to submit your study visa application online: Create an account on the Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) website and submit an application electronically using scanned or electronic copies of the documents.
- How to submit via paper-based application: Photocopy your documents then compile the hard copies and mail them to the Visa Application Centre (VAC) assigned to your country.
Step Five: Once your Canada study visa has been approved, the Canadian government would issue you a Port of Entry Introduction Letter. You need to keep this letter, as you would be required to present it to the immigration official when you arrive in Canada to receive your Canada study visa.
Canada Study Visa Processing Time
Canada study visa processing times vary depending on your country of residence. Typically, it takes between 1 to 16 weeks.
If you read up to this point, you should have a good understanding of the Canadian study visa. Please send us a message in the comment section below, if you have any difficulty